CEO COVID-19 Statement
The outbreak of COVID-19 is the greatest challenge currently facing businesses around the globe. Our highest priority is ensuring the safety of our staff, customers, and local communities as we continue to supply compliant packaging solutions, some of which play a vital role in transporting samples for COVID-19 testing and analysis. This may be the greatest challenge for businesses, but it can certainly be overcome through diligence, transparency, and communication. The situation is changing daily, and we are constantly reviewing the best approach to ensure safety and service levels can be maintained at the exceptional standards that we have set as a business over the past 21 years. This blog will be updated as our approach evolves with the situation. If you have any specific questions about any of the topics below, please get in touch with a member of customer services at your local office.
We want to thank you for your continued support and patience and wish you all the very best in these challenging times.
Global Office Status and Safety Precautions
Intelsius offices will remain open and ready for business in all locations where it is safe and legal. Extra safety precautions are in place at all global sites.
- Where possible, workers will be working remotely, service to our customers will not be affected by this change.
- Existing hygiene and sanitising measures have been increased at all locations.
- Where possible social distancing is being enforced.
- Extra Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) has been issued where required.
- Due to local government legislation, the Malaysian Office is closed for at least two weeks from 18 March 2020.
Supply Chain Status and Investment
As a critical supplier of Class 6.2 Sample Transport packaging to the UK and many other governments’ health authorities, we have seen a huge increase in demand for key products, including the PathoPak and PathoShield. We satisfy this increase in demand as efficiently as possible. Furthermore, we have taken the extra steps outlined below to continue to meet demand, which we expect to rise further in the coming months as global testing increases.
- We have invested in local tooling for key product lines, including the PathoPak. This will increase overall capacity and build on our ethos of supplying locally, minimising the risk of travel or local restrictions having a negative impact on product availability moving forward.
- Stock holding has been assessed in all locations. Where possible, we have prioritised the stock build and storage of components used in products required for Coronavirus testing and support.
- All global suppliers have been contacted, and we can confirm they expect no major difficulties in supplying components to Intelsius. Hence the vast majority of orders will be fulfilled as expected.
Helpful Links and Further Information
Guide to compliance when transporting COVID-19 Samples
COVID-19 Packaging Solutions brochure